As an owner or operator of a theatre, entertainment company, or other performing arts establishment, having the proper coverage and risk management plan will keep the show going. Starkweather & Shepley has the knowledge and skills to insure theatres, theatre companies, not-for-profit theatre groups, the performing arts, and all aspects and sectors of the entertainment industry.
Each of our Theatre & Entertainment Insurance policies is customized to fit your unique exposures. From people, property, and productions to administration and financing, we work with you to develop unique risk protection including Dance Liability Insurance, Opera Insurance, or Performing Arts Insurance. To cover everything you do.
Coverage options can include:
- General Liability — This coverage protects you, the insured, against claims of bodily injury and property damage arising out of your operations.
- Theatrical Property — Including Lighting & Stage Equipment, Props, Sets, Wardrobe.
- Directors & Officers Liability — Protects the individual board members in the event they are personally sued.
- Business/Performance Interruption — Reimburses you for any extra expenses including loss of income and employee salaries during that reconstruction period due a covered loss until you are back on stage!
- Owned/Non-Owned/Hired Automobile Liability — Protects you against claims of bodily injury or property damage caused by owned/rented vehicles, equipment trucks, or employees’ personal cars while being used on behalf of the theater.
- Harassment, Worker’s Compensation, Crime and Employee Dishonesty, Disability Insurance & More.
- Voluntary Benefits
- HR Consulting
- Performing Arts Venues (Theatre, Concerts, Dance, Orchestra)
- Theatres (Community, Broadway, Off-Broadway, Touring)
- Arenas, Convention Centers
- Musical Acts & Groups
- Cultural Organizations
- Philarmonic & Orchestra
- Ballet, Drama, Operas, & Other Performing Arts
- Production Companies
- Rental, Storage, & Theatrical Transfer
- Touring Operations
- Entertainment Management Operations
- Media Companies
- Circus & Aerial Acrobats
- Special Events (Festivals, Concerts, Trade Shows, Fashion Shows, Award Shows)
All the World's a Stage
Meet the members of our Arts, Culture, & Entertainment Group
Senior Vice President, Practice Director
Assistant Vice President
Workers Compensation Claims Consultant
Senior Vice President, Employee Benefits